RESIDENCE IN PORTUGAL
Portugal approved a special programmed Gold Visa to attract foreign investment. this program allows non EU citizens to receive a resident permit. This type of investment covers the acquisition of properties, creation of new jobs, and capital transfer in several amounts.
Validity Periods and Obligation to stay in Portugal:
The Golden Visa is a temporary residence permit valid for 1 year from the date it is issued. It can be renewed for successive periods of 2 years as long as the requirements necessary for it to be granted are maintained. For residence permits to be granted and renewed, the applicants must regularise their presence in Portugal within 90 days of their first entry into Portuguese territory.
Whenever necessary, they must obtain a short-term visa from the Portuguese Consulate in their country of origin. They must also prove
they have met the minimum quantitative requirements in relation to the chosen investment activity. To renew a Golden Visa, applicants must demonstrate that they have stayed in Portugal for at least 7 days, whether consecutive or not, in the first
year and 14 days, whether consecutive or not, in each of the subsequent 2-year periods.
Time of making the investment and mandatory duration:
The investment activity chosen by the applicant must have been made at the time the application for a residence permit is presented and the investment must be maintained for a minimum period of 5 years. This five-year period runs from the date the Golden Visa is granted.
- With MOONTOWN your Permit of Residence in Portugal is easily approved because we can help you with:
– Finantial analisys,
– Necessary documentation to apply,
– Acquisition of real state,
– Evaluation of investment opportunities,
– Human resources management, new staff,
– Investments in countries with favorable economics goals,
– Permanente residence,
– Real state investment.
Like any other Portuguese residence permit, Golden Visa holders can travel freely in the Schengen Area.
Besides the spouse, minor children or relatives in the ascending line, the Implementing Decree makes it clear that Golden VISA holders may be reunified with adult children in the care of the couple or one of the spouses if those children are studying in Portugal or abroad.(Right to Family Reunification).
The Portuguese Government has created tax benefits for the activity of urban rehabilitation, introducing tax efficiency to investment opportunities. Golden Visa applicants can enjoy these benefits if they acquire real estate assets, whose construction was completed at least 30 years ago or are located in an urban rehabilitation area and they carry out rehabilitation works on those real estate assets (Reduction of the tax burden for investments in Urban Rehabilitation).
- Transfer of capital of at least 1.000.000 EUR ( Bank deposits, Public debt securities of the Portuguese State, Acquisition of securities and acquisition of shares in commercial companies).
- Creation of at least 10 jobs (hiring the employees and registering them with the Social Security).
- Acquisition of Real Estate with a value of at least 500.000 EUR (The money used to pay the purchase price or deposit must come from an international transfer to a bank account in Portugal held by the applicant).
- Acquisition of Real Estate with construction completed at least 30 years ago or located in an urban rehabilitation area, with execution of rehabilitation works (the minimum investment is reduced to EUR 350,000. The applicant must deposit the difference between the property purchase price and the minimum investment required, to be used to pay for the works, in a bank account at a bank in Portugal held by him). There are associated tax benefits for the investor: exemption or reduced rate.
- Transfer capital of at least EUR 500,000, destined to acquire units in investment or venture capital funds aimed at providing capital to small and medium-sized companies that present a capitalisation plan ( In turn, the company that manages the fund in question must attest to the viability of the capitalisation plan) .